Monday 2 September 2013

First Haul of the month! All by the 2nd..

I have had so many good intentions and photos saved to do blog posts... and all I have is a saved draft since June. So I would like to formally welcome you to my blog with a beauty haul that has had me smiling with every transaction today! I am literally fresh from Covent Garden/SoHo/Oxford St with the bags and debt to prove it, and it feels good (the guilt can wait).


Pictured above (L to R) is my Illamasqua goodies, all from the brand new and highly praised Sacred Hour collection and the innovative new under eye concealer offering from the brand to keep up with their successful and sought after Skin Base foundations. To their right all on his lonesome is an Urban Decay 'Revoloution' Lipstick. Beyond him, my Charles Fox haul, some Kryolan goodies! A new brand for me to buy into but one I've lusted after when stopping by the Covent Garden store and one I would trust given that it is a professional brand used by make up artists of all varieties. The little black pot besides the Kryolan pallette is a Make Up Store product, Sweden based and the only store left in London is this one on Caranaby St as the shop assistant informed me that the Shepard's Bush Westfield branch is closed down! A pity, such a great stop off to pick off Kiko, Inglot and the Make Up store bits.
Below and up front, the Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Lip Tars, something I had to really hunt around for in the Selfridges Beauty Hall but I was excited by the colours once I did find them.

On with some swatching..

 

As per, a lovely visit to the Illamasqua Flagship on Beak St, my stop of choice as I can get the loyalty discount there unlike the department store counters. Somewhat surprised to see new team faces and none of the familiar, but they were just as welcoming and beautifully expressive in their make up. 
I knew I'd want this new lipstick in 'Shard', it's red, it's purple, it's Illamasqua, it was bound to be a shade for me. And alas, even more beautiful than expected. Photos of it in action on a make up look to come soon.
£16.50 at Illamasqua


Hello 'Reflection' Palette, you of course are beautiful to swatch in colour and in texture. But I have a complaint, yes you are the innovative gel/mousse cream to powder like formula of the 'Paranormal' Collection's palette that I picked up earlier this year. But you do crease, just like your older sibling. Blend-able as you are, even more wearable in these shades, I will always go for a crease-less formula over you as I will just look better and more polished for an entire day/night. There is a saviour, some tips from a lovely lady of the Beak St team who's name I've ALREADY forgotten! She suggests one, powder my eyes first before use and/or two, using the gel liner on a brush lightly buffed into the eyelid, best for the darker smoky colours obviously as the liner is blackest of blacks after all! So I will be experimenting with this pallette too for a look with the 'Shard' Lipstick and posting soon. And you can tell I still believe in the textures, colours and brand itself if despite reservations of the formula, I still purchased.
£34 at Illamasqua

 (Not my swatch, Illamasqua website pulls)

Swatches of the Nail colour in 'Facet' to follow soon also! I need to paint them... and I already have Hemlock before it was released in this collection, so I couldn't resist picking it's dark counterpart up ready to experiment.
 £14.50 each at  Illamasqua




After reading Laura Louise's review I made a mental note to stop by an Urban Decay counter when I passed a Debenhams or HoF and try them out an undoubtedly purchase. So it was really just a case of honing in on a shade I adored and one not too similar to my already vast lipstick collection. I also played with the matching lipliners and seriously wanted to appease my addiction and the sales assistant's figures and just say yesyesyes, give me that too please... but alas, I was sensible. I did note that the matching lipliner to my chosen 'stick shade 'Turn On' made a big difference when applied first, stronger colour and matte effect, so it will be purchased at some point. I did also want to pick up a Naked/2 Palette, perhaps their most iconic pieces, but at £37, I want to wait until Debenhams pop on one of those Beauty Hall sales and give me % off... oh the student saver in me!
£15 a Lipstick, £14 a Lipliner at Urban Decay




Kryolan goodies from the Charles Fox shop just behind the Piazza & London Transport Museum, a hidden haven of pro make up goodies. Since I went some months ago and pawed rose-gold and bronze tones I've known I shouldn't purchase until I was actually going to follow through and use them. But I've been soaking up inspiration this summer and not acting upon it, and it's getting to a couple of free-ish weeks and I'll be my own canvas; who needs models or actual jobs when you have your bedroom full of make up and natural daylight! So alas, out I came with my forever favourite shade of ethereal multin-tonal fuchsia/purple and rose gold aqua colours. Deciding I already have bronzes I can use for metallic detail. I bought super small ones so I don't waste and let them dry out. Roughly £5 each.
The palette was a self made eyeshadow pallette, given that they were £5.95 each or £17 for 3 in a palette. The first colour I think is much like a sunset blush MAC released in that limited Orange Collection, so that will get used as a blusher too, beautiful coral-pink shade and quite pastel-ly. Much bigger than typical eyeshadows too no? And the other two shades are pretty much powder equivalents of the aqua colours so they're more versatile for everyday use for me and will be great highlights with the aqua colours.




Are you not just excited by the very gloss of these?! Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars are something I've seen on some of my most frequented blogs and are apparently a must have in kits. Well yeah, but first they will grace my make up drawers before the kit gets them! So many shades, I picked out the sparkling deep ruby and the nude first, as they're not colours I really have, so naturally I must need them?! The pink caught my eye but I deduced I have so many lip colours like it, that is until I swatched them thanks to this adorable sales assistant and I knew I could not walk away without them. He then gave me these cotton pads that have a little flap to pop your fingers in so you can use the silky smooth surface to cleanse away make up... before I can even curb my spending thoughts I've asked him  if they sell them and added them to the basket. And that, beauty addicts, is how you spend on a beauty haul.
£11.50 each OCC Lip Tars available at Selfridges

No comments:

Post a Comment